Pay Attention for The Following Process When Maintenance a Cars
For those of you who are just using a new car will certainly be faced with the first service that must be done.
The first service is crucial for the next service. Usually, this first service is done if your car has traveled a distance of about 10,000 km away. Due to a lack of experience, you will be confused about what to do when the service process is taking place. To overcome this, what you need is services from Mr. Mechanical. Mr. Mechanical offers you cheap car servicing the Gold coast with more than 30 years of experience in the automotive industry.
Here are some things you should know when the first service is performed. Consider yourself the one who has to do it.
- Check the Radiator Flush
Before starting service, check the radiator flush. Open the radiator lid then look at the radiator water from the water filling hole. If the amount of radiator water is not enough, add enough water with clean water.
The volume of radiator water can be said to be sufficient if the height reaches the lower limit of the radiator cap’s neck. If the radiator water is lacking, the engine will be very hot when turned on. When you check the radiator water, check the water quality. If the water is dirty, you should replace it with a new one. Oily water has the possibility of oil leakage leading to the water cooling system. Check the condition by seeing the presence or absence of water seepage outside the radiator.
- Check the Engine Oil
The next step is checking the engine oil. If engine oil is checked after the tune-up service is complete, the service results will not be maximal because the condition of engine oil affects the working temperature of the engine. Besides engine oil also affects the engine sound produced. If the engine oil is very dirty, runny, or lacking the engine noise will tend to be rough. This will also affect stationary and idle rotation.
Checks in this section include oil volume and conditions. The oil volume must meet the minimum limit specified.
If the oil volume is less, add oil that has the same vicious level. Preferably, the oil is the same brand to avoid chemical reactions that can adversely affect the condition and performance of the engine.
- Engine Visual Condition
Do not immediately start the engine. Pay close attention and pay close attention to the engine’s display conditions. Make sure that the machine is completely safe to start. Check the condition of the engine from the outside, including preventive measures for an accident.
- Start the engine
Turn the engine on a stationary spin. Then add the rotation a few minutes later if necessary.
Do not start the engine directly at high speed, this is to avoid wear and tear because lubrication has not reached all engine components.
We can analyze the damage of the machine as long as the machine is alive. Consider the following three things:
- Engine noise
- The explosion caused by burning fuel (gasoline or diesel). Normal engine, blasting sound evenly. In engines whose combustion is not normal, of course, the opposite, uneven and pounding occurs every few seconds. The sound of a gasoline engine will be smoother than a diesel or diesel engine.
- Engine component vibration sounds are abnormal engine sounds. These vibrations can occur due to loose bolts or nuts, cracked components, or even broken. These sounds are very different from the sound of burning fuel.
- The friction of parts that are not oil-lubricated can cause unusual noises. Sound due to friction can occur on the lever of the carburetor gas wire system that is not well lubricated. This sound can also arise due to friction of the piston with the cylinder wall.
- Leaking gas flow can cause abnormal sounds. The sound is a hiss that is loud enough. Leaks are common in gas channels that enter the cylinder.
- Even abnormal sounds can occur because of a knock between the two engine components that is loud enough. For example in the gap of the valve that is too large, a crankshaft bearing or a loose piston pen.
- Sounds caused by electrical sparks can occur. The sound is caused by sparks from electricity experiencing a leakage current or a short circuit occurs.
- Even gas pressure can make a sound. The sound is caused by the pressure of the gas that is leaking because the bulkhead is less dense. The sound of this engine must be heard and heeded to find the cause of the damage to the engine.
- Engine Vibration
Vibration arising during the engine is turned on at stationary rotation must be considered. The normal engine does not vibrate violently.
If observed, when the engine is turned on the engine body will not vibrate except the spark plug wires, it will only vibrate slightly.
If the engine vibrates somewhat roughly, it means that there are indications of interference when the combustion process in its components.
- Exhaust Smoke
Exhaust fumes can be used as a clue whether the combustion process in the engine goes well or not. Here are the instructions:
- Black smoke
Black smoke in a diesel engine is normal, but not for gasoline engines. The black color on a gasoline engine is a sign of incomplete combustion due to excess gasoline in the mixture of gas and gasoline.
- White smoke
The color of white smoke on a 2 stroke engine is normal. On a 4 stroke engine that emits white exhaust, it means that there is damage or interference with the engine. The white color is caused by smoke from burning oil.
On a 2 stroke engine, oil does burn with gasoline, another with a 4 stroke engine, oil does not burn, unless there is oil leakage from the crankcase to the combustion chamber.
- Colorless smoke
A good 4 stroke exhaust pipe is not a color at all. Colorless smoke signifies a normal mixture of gas, no excess gasoline, no mixing with oil or lack of gasoline.